We could not provide the services to our community or assist the animals who need our immediate help each year without the support and assistance of our dedicated volunteers. We rely on volunteers to staff the Richmond Wildlife Center.
How to become a volunteer
All volunteers must be 18 years old or older. If you are between the ages of 13 to 17 years old please consider the Alexandra Babaeva Memorial Internship.
- Review our current available volunteer position descriptions to determine your service position interest. Please note that many positions have age restrictions due to the risks associated with wildlife medicine and rehabilitation.
- Complete the following documents:
- Return the aforementioned documents to us by one of the below methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- US Mail: Richmond Wildlife Center, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator, P.O. Box 14694, Richmond, VA 23221
- Once your documents have been received they will be reviewed and retained until which time our recruitment period opens. You will be contacted to attend a Volunteer Orientation and Interview if your application is approved. An Orientation and Interview will be conducted to discuss our operations and to ensure a good fit for our organization and you. Be prepared to concretely discuss your schedule, availability, and interests. Upon approval of volunteer service; a trial run and follow-up training will be scheduled with you.
Please note: We only recruit volunteers twice per year in September/October and then again in April/May. You can submit your application at anytime during the year. Your application will be retained and you will be contacted as our recruitment period approaches.